Welcome to the Official Website of
Engineering Graduate Community Council
The EGCC is a student-run organization to support and advance the academic, professional, and social experience of graduate students in the College of Engineering.
All Graduate students in this college are members of the EGCC, and the EGCC represents and promotes the interests.
The executive committee of the EGCC and representatives of each department are elected from among graduate students annually at the beginning of each academic year. The EGCC holds regular meetings during the academic year and all members are welcome to attend.
The main activities of the EGCC are:
- Organizing events and provide services with the aim of offering vital and up to date information for engineering graduate student.
- Providing opportunities for graduate students to network with industry members.
- Improving the sense of community among graduate students by organizing social events
- Collaborating with the executive teams of the College of Engineering, Graduate Students' Association, and College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies in organizing joint events
- Organizing Engineering Graduate Research (EGR) Conference annually to exchange academic knowledge, and provide the opportunity to graduate students and industries to interact and connect
- Organizing Engineering 3 Minutes Thesis (E3MT) competition to provide students the opportunity to showcase the importance of their work and refine their skills of trivializing or simplifying research without oversimplifying to be understood by a non-specialist audience